The Conservative Party (Ohio) is the exclusive Ohio affiliate of Conservative Party USA, a national conservative political party.
Our Mission: Educate, Advise, Submit, and Elect
Our mission is best expressed with the mission motto: Vote with EASE
A valid political party is of many things. We use the phrase “Vote with EASE.” The letter “E” is to educate voters. “A” is to advise voters about what each election is about and measuring the issues against the planks and principles of the Conservative Party. “S” is to select the best results to be obtained in each election, or non-election matters. “E” again, is to endorse that best result.
Our party logo is an Seal. See: http://home.conservativepartyusa.org/party-seal/
It takes courage to be part of the Conservative Party USA which is ahead of the curve. But, we rest easy because it gives us peace.
The Basic Tenets of Conservative Party USA
1. Principal of Subsidiarity – Government works best at the local level. The closer the control of government is to the people, the more interest citizens hold in political proceedings and operations.
2. American Exceptionalism: Conservatives believe that America is a country of a distinguished founding, historical experiences and a unique path to the future. We do not take lightly these characteristics. Thus, we do not believe that American institutions should be imposed upon nations of dissimilar origins and experiences.
3. Government cannot legislate a perfect life for its citizens. Government’s role is to make life tolerable and to allow citizens to achieve their best. Legislation has limited ability to change our true social condition. Politicians have unethically preached to the public they have a right to steady economic betterment.
4. Citizens have a contract with the past, the present and the future to:
a. Preserve the best of our ancestors and change only that which leads to a
better civil and social existence.
b. Voluntarily assist those less prosperous.
c. Conserve natural resources for our posterity
5. Government should not “do.” Government must have limited intrusion in the marketplace. Government actions should pertain to fair and just competition.
6. The Federal government has reduced the citizens responsibility in life by overextending its participation in education, economics, food and housing. Americans should be active citizens, not subjects.
7. Taxation, a free grant from the citizen to the government, has become extortion and the two national parties have used taxation as a means to create division among the citizens of the United States. Government re-distribution of wealth creates a covetous nature in the recipients. Spending of citizens ethically and legally earned money and consuming our resources are not signs of a virtuous political organization.
8. Conservatism has been mistakenly defined as a philosophy of avarice and consumerism. Nothing could be further from the truth, as conservatives believe that success is to be shared in a voluntary manner with poor and less fortunate. The primary benefits of charity is ascribed to the voluntary donor and the recipients of material goods from a central authority show no gratitude.
9. Those who believe that redistribution of wealth is an entitlement will themselves cause detriment to their posterity due to a lack of restraint much like consumerists believe our natural resources are purely for present consumption.